If, you’re looking for a fundraising project for your club, a school, sports team or any worthwhile project you will find the following information useful for you. Follow these 10 tips to catapult your fundraising efforts and raise more funds.
1. Examine your database of supporters. How likely are they to help you out? Don’t assume that folks will keep helping out because they have done so in the past. Remember that people will donate only with a good strategy.
2. Who is your target audience? You can expect about 20-25% of your database to contribute. Build interest in your project and raise their commitment level. Can they contribute from their own funds? Or will they reach out to their family and friends to support your project?
3. Determine the best time to ask for donations? Timing is crucial in fundraising. You need to plan things out months and even years ahead in order to ensure a successful campaign.
4. How will you word your request for support? Look at other people’s efforts, review your previous campaigns, and find out what has worked in the past.
5. Energy and enthusiasm make the difference. Build excitement! Try to get volunteers with the time and energy to put into the campaign.
6. Set your goals. How much money do you want to raise? Have a clear amount of how much you want or need, and then you will have a better idea of what will be required in the fundraising campaign.
7. Determine the number of volunteers you will have working your campaign. Break down how much each volunteer will need to raise. If you are selling something you will know how many each person will need to sell in order to reach your goal. The same is true if you are just asking for donations. It is important to know your goal and how you are going to reach it.
8. Examine your intangible assets. This is things like; do you have anyone who has experience in raising funds? You may want to put this person in charge of the campaign. Form a campaign committee and decide what jobs need to be established and who will fill them. Do some brain storming. Decide what has worked best in the past. Go through these with the people in your project. SET YOUR CAMPAIGN GOALS!
9. Don’t get discouraged. Read and/or listen to motivational books daily. You must stay motivated and focused in order to keep your team motivated and focused.
10. Just do it! Don’t give up. your volunteers look to you for motivation and encouragement. Keep the goals your committee has set in front of them at all times. Remind them of the reasons they are doing this fundraiser and why you need to raise the money. This will ensure you get the best results from your fundraising efforts.
By applying the tips above your fund raising campaign will have the best chance possible to reach your organizations goals.
Bonus: For some great fundraising ideas go to http://www.pathfinderradio.com/fundraisers.html
Remember, proper planning makes all the difference in whether your campaign will be a success or flop. Set realistic goals and map out a plan to achieve them and you will succeed.
I Knew You Could Do It!
I trust this information will help you on your way to a successful Fundraising Campaign.
Until next time I will see you on the internet.