Yesterday I spent the night carving my pumpkin! Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it when it was lit up, but look at my carved pumpkin!!
A friend of Pathfinder Radio is currently fighting a custody battle. Help her out by signing this petition:
My name is Daynah Delacruz but I am affectionately called super D. I am in 11th grade -I think-, as being currently homeschooled leaves me clueless to the grading scale and levels. Being at home basically all the time and to avoid hurting my younger brother I have a lot of hobbies, including reading, drawing, and cooking (preferably an excessive amount of cupcakes). I go to Jacksonville First SDA, where I volunteer at Pathfinder Radio. Living a life on fire to me means living each day aware of those around me and my influence on them.
1. Bees communicate through chemical scents called pheromones and through special bee dances.
2. Although bears do like honey, they prefer to eat the bee larvae.
3. Honey comes in different colours and flavours. The flower where the nectar was gathered from determines the flavour and colour of the honey.
4. Bees are the only insect in the world that make food that humans can eat.
5. Bees have straw-like tongues called a proboscis so they can suck up liquids and also mandibles so they can chew.
6. Propolis is a sticky substance that bees collect from the buds of trees. Bees use propolis to weatherproof their hive against drafts or in spots where rain might leak in.
7. People have discovered the anti-bacterial properties of propolis for use in the medical field.
8. A single beehive can make more than 100 pounds of extra honey. The beekeeper only harvests the extra honey made by the bees.
9. A single honeybee will only produce approximately 1/12 teaspoon of honey in her lifetime.
10. Out of 20,000 species of bees, only 4 make honey
Fun things to do to Google
- A search for "do a barrel roll" or "Z or R twice" will spin the page...
- Searching for "tilt" or "askew" will...yep, tilt the page.
- Want to recursively run searches for recursion? Search for "recursion."
-Google's playful spirit comes out when you ask it to "define anagram..."
-And yes, a search for "anagram" brings up..."nag a ram."
-Searching for "zerg rush" creates a search page being eaten by 'O's. Click each O three times to kill it.
-Need to calculate a tip? Just search "calculate tip!"
-Wanna build stuff? Check out Build with Chrome. I KNOW RIGHT?!!
-Special days-search for holiday dates and get reminders on Google Now. No excuse for missing Mother's Day.
-Searching for "google in 1998" gives you a retro version (without the flannel and grungy millennial angst).
-Search "the answer to life, the universe and everything"